I really want to thank those of you who still pop in here, I know my posting has been somewhat erratic. Sorry; sometimes life sucks and sometimes that suckiness tends to take precedence over anything and everything else going on. But I am trying to push myself and get back at the stuff I enjoy, and blogging is one of those things. ‘Nuff said.
So, I am going to do my.very.best. to post at least once a week, like a ‘weekly whatever’ post and I’ll just spew whatever comes to mind. Some weeks I might have 10 things to share, some weeks I might have one, but I’ll give it a darn good go, I promise!
OK, onto this week’s weekly whatevers:
1. Emma is dressing as Katy Perry for Halloween and Rebecca is dressing as Kate Middelton – think both will look fantastic and I can’t wait to see them!
2. I am tossing about class ideas for 2012 – it’s sooooo good to think about teaching again, I’ve missed it!
3. I have a very sore lower back from lifting not one but 2 hardened 50lbs bags of cement on Sunday, from my garage to the curb for clean up day. Oh the crap that came out of that garage – looks amazing now though! Any sore lower back remedies?
4. If you have emailed me or commented on my blog and I haven't gotten back to you, I'm so sorry. I think it's incredibly ill mannered not to answer when people take the time to reach out or ask questions, and I am way behind in my emails. No excuse, but I refer you to the suckiness referenced in my intro.
5. My house sale fell through ten days before it was supposed to close. I was absolutely devastated. Some people just suck, and said people further add to the already existing suckiness as referenced above. I am hoping another wonderful buyer will come along sooner than later. If you pray or hope or send good vibes, think of me please :)
6. I am really enjoying “Sarah’s House” on HGTV this season.
She usually has amazing ideas and a clean, timeless classic style, although her budget is a bit unrealistic I think.
7. Have you read HGTV’s brand new magazine!? LOVED it! Thanks to my mom for picking it up for me. Right up my alley, can’t wait for issue #2. I actually had a question about the paint colour on page 50 and I emailed them and the editor emailed me back!
8. Haven’t had a chance to talk up the SCT/PageMaps 2012 Calendar yet!
I feel so very fortunate to have been included once again with this talented group and I am very happy to announce that my layout is going to open the calendar!! American Crafts was my ever-generous sponsor, and I used my favourite photos from 2012 for my layout. The calendars sold out quickly last year, so order yours here here!
9. We just finished Sarah's Key for book club. Good book. Sad book.
I feel ignorant for not even knowing that that happened, a mere 60 years ago. I am going to try and find the movie. Maybe it’s on Netflix?
10. Speaking of Netflix, I am thinking of signing up again now that Blockbuster has bitten the dust.
I had it briefly, we ran it through our Wii, but it used to really struggle. I’ve heard there’s a way to stream it through your iphone, so I may look into that. Rogers on Demand just doesn't have a great selection, they need to step it up a bit!
OK, I made it to ten, not bad! As always, thanks for stoppinb by - see you next week!